What to do and what to avoid in case of an accident:
- Do not discuss responsibility with the other driver.
- Do not discuss the circumstances of the accident with anyone except the police or insurance company representative.
- Do not sign any paperwork at the scene. Be cautious of paperwork that authorizes repairs by signing a towing release.
- Do not allow your vehicle to be towed to a repair shop you are not familiar with.
- Do not be fooled by the "lowest estimate" (a low estimate probably reflects an incomplete job).
- Do not accept a check for repairs of your vehicle until you are sure it covers all necessary repairs.
- As the owner, you are the person who is responsible for having your vehicle repaired. Choosing a quality repair shop is an important decision.